Today was rough. I don't think I've had a day like this in a long time. I would list my complaints in a bulleted list or something awesome like that but I don't have the energy. So instead I will tell you that we really enjoyed having the missionaries over for milk and cookies and it pretty much made my day that they chowed down on my amazing homemade chocolate chip cookies (if I do say so myself). We visited with them for an hour or so (after a visit they had scheduled bombed) and it totally brought the spirit into our home to have them here. Trenton didn't make a peep the whole time they were here and Raleigh had a blast looking at the pictures in the Book of Mormon with one of the Elders. It was like opposite day, HAHA.
Anyways, I felt bad for myself all day long. I almost quit like a hundred times. But I pushed through and I prayed and I felt like a missionary. Missionaries do hard things everyday for two years straight. They work hard and prepare and rush around to meet appointments just to have people say "thanks, but no thanks". There are disappointments. There are rejections. There is exhaustion.
I may not wear a tag, but I hope my family sees me as a missionary. I hope my children know that I am trying my best everyday to be like Jesus Christ and that I love them as He does. I am grateful for the example of the missionaries. Their dedication, their love of the gospel, their persistence, their knowledge of the truth. The sacrifices they make are inspiring to me and I hope I can be a better member missionary to those around me, especially my family.
1 comment:
I just love this post! You are such a great example to many people. I need to remember to check your blog more. I forget that you made it private. Thanks for being so awesome!
Post a Comment